Windows Firewall Control is a tool that provides fast access to the Windows Firewall settings and enhances functionality by letting you manage networking rules for each application. It mainly caters to experienced users, such as network administrators.
– Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon.
– Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
– Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
– Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
– Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
– Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
– Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
– Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist any more.
– Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
– View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
– Import and export of partial sets of rules.
– Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
– Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
– Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available.
– And many, many more. Just try it out.
Quick access from the tray icon
Once initialized, the app creates an icon in the system tray area and allows you to select the security profile, ranging from no filtering (turns off Windows Firewall) to high filtering mode (blocks all inbound and outbound connections).
Thorough management of application connections
When it comes to rules management, you can allow or deny access to any application, disable, delete it from the list or create a duplicate. The list shows names, groups, programs, locations, statuses, actions, directions, locate and remote ports, remote addresses, protocols, and services.
Populate permission lists with custom apps
It is possible to sort items by status or direction (inbound, outbound, all, user-created), use a search function, view recently blocked programs, as well as switch to a simplified viewing mode for enabling and disabling program access, as well as for adding a new app to the list.
Rich settings to work with
Windows Firewall Control features a control panel where you can make additional tweaks. You can integrate the tool into the Explorer context menu, set it to autorun at startup, disable other programs from adding firewall rules, activate global hotkeys for the control panel and rules management area, adjust the frame’s hue, import and export rules, as well as access some Windows tools (Firewall with Advanced Security, Command Prompt, Event Viewer, Resource Monitor, Windows Registry).
To end with
All in all, the application has a fair reaction speed and works smoothly, without causing any problems to the OS. It quickly applies rule changes. Windows Firewall Control is an excellent utility for a better control over Windows Firewall options, especially when it comes to setting up rules for each program.