WinCatalog 2016 – It is not always easy to track where some files are located in your computer especially if you have a large collection of CDs and DVDs. If you are one of those users, then it definitely pays off to have the right tool for working with such a task. WinCatalog is software utility designed to help you find documents and data from your computer by building an index that offers you instant access to them.
WinCatalog can perform searches throughout the entire collection thanks to its built-in search engine. Simply type in the file name or use additional filters for more accurate results such as size, tags, locations and date. It includes multi-tabbed support and this means you can work with multiple searches at the same time.
It also possible to add tags to your items, find duplicated files, add contacts, manage loaned disks and copy files to another drive directly from WinCatalog. Moreover, each catalogue can be exported to HTML or CSV file.
– Ability to catalog any storage devices accessible from Windows environment.
– Ability to catalog individual folders on disks.
– Automatic extraction of archive file descriptions when scanning a disk.
– Automatic extraction of EXIF tags from digital photographs.
– Retrieval of Audio CD track names from Internet CD database.
– Support of non-file items: it is enabling you to catalog your books, videos or even postage stamps and coins!
– Individual comments for each item: disk, folder or file.
– Ability to manage your collection between virtual folders using Drag’n’Drop.
– Each item is associated with a set of keywords to increase the search relevancy.
– The catalog can be searched by file name, comment and keywords, date and size.
– Powerful search functionality: ability to use AND, NOT, OR operators and wildcards.
– Ability to search the entire catalog or an individual disk.
– When the disk data is updated, the previously entered comments and keywords are preserved.
– Ability to delete from the catalog the unnecessary files and folders.
– Ability to export and import parts of collection and the list of contacts.
– Ability to generate reports.